Here you’ll find a categorized list of all the local foodie resources that I know about. This includes farmer’s markets, butchers, bakers, and related stores – pretty much anything that might be of use to the home chef. This is a work in progress, so bookmark and check back often.
Know of other places? Add your favorite in the comments and I’ll put them on the list!
This Google Map contains all the sites listed below in graphical format to make it easy to see what’s available in your neighborhood.
Table of Contents
Farms / CSAs
CSAs – Community Supported Agriculture
- Anchor Run CSA
- Barefoot Gardens CSA, Doylestown, PA
- Blooming Glen Farm CSA, Blooming Glen, PA
- Clear Spring Farm CSA
- Doylestown Food Co-op, Doylestown, PA
- Honey Brook Organic Farm
- Myerov Family Farm CSA
- Pennypack Farm and Education Center
- Rolling Hills Farm, Lambertville, NJ
- Roots to River Farm and CSA, Solebury, PA
- Sandbrook Meadow Farm
- Snipes Farm, Yardley/Morrisville, PA
- Tinicum CSA
- Tullamore Farms, Stockton, NJ
- Z Food Farm
These are traditional farmer’s markets, open just one or two days per week.
- Doylestown, PA. Farmer’s Market.
- Morrisville, PA. Mon-Sat 8am-8pm, Sun 8am-7pm. More like a grocery store full of produce.
- Newtown, PA. Amish Farmer’s Market. Thu 9am-6pm, Fri 9am-7pm, Sat 9am-4pm
- Quakertown Farmer’s Market, PA. Fri-Sat 9am-9pm, Sun 10am-5pm
- Sergeantsville, NJ. Sat 8am-noon
- Stockton, NJ. Fri 3pm-7pm, Sat 9am-4pm, Sun 10am-4pm
- Trenton, NJ. Wed-Sat 9am-6pm, Sun 10am-4pm
- Wrightstown, PA
These are typically stores open daily associated with local farms. Hours can be seasonal – always call in advance to ensure they’re open
- Blue Moon Acres, Pennington, NJ. Mon-Fri 10am-6pm, Sat-Sun 9am-5pm. CLOSED TUE
- Blue Moon Acres, Buckingham, PA. Tue-Fri 10am-4pm
- Bobolink Dairy, Milford, NJ. Links on Dining Along the Delaware.
- Bolton Farm Market, Silverdale, PA.
- Fairview Farm Market, Pineville, PA.
- Gravity Hill Farm, Titusville, NJ. Tue 1pm-6pm, Sat 12pm-4:30pm, Sun 10:30am-2:30pm
- Griggstown Farm, Princeton, NJ.
- Homestead, Lambertville, NJ. Mon-Fri 9am-7pm, Sat 9am-6pm; Sun 9am-5pm
- Manoff Market Gardens, Solebury, PA. Mon-Sat 9am-5:30pm
- Market at DelVal, Doylestown, PA. Mon-Sat 8am-6pm, Sun 9am-5pm
- Maximuck’s, Doylestown (Carversville), PA.
- Milk House farm market, Upper Makefield, PA. Open daily.
- None Such Farm Market, Buckingham, PA. Mo- Fri 8am-6:30pm, Sat-Sun 8am-6pm
- Sandy Ridge Farm, Doylestown, PA. Wed-Sat 9am-6:30pm, Sun 10am-5pm
- Solebury Orchards, Solebury, PA. Thur-Sun 9am-6pm
- Tabora Farm and Orchard, Chalfont, PA. Every day except Tues. 7am-7pm. Closed Tues.
- Terhune Orchards, Princeton, NJ. Mon-Fri 9am-7pm, Sat-Sun 9am-6pm
- Thorpe Farmstand and Garden Center, Upper Makefield, PA. Mon-Fri 10am-6pm; Sat-Sun 9am-6pm.
- Trauger’s Farm Market, Kintnersville, PA. Mon-Fri 9am-6pm; Sat-Sun 9am-5pm
- Tullamore Farms, Stockton, NJ.
Roadside stands selling various seasonal veggies and/or eggs. Most are open only when produce is in season except where noted.
- Burpee Farm Stand, Solebury, PA. Located here.
- Fairview road farm stand, Frenchtown, NJ. Located here.
- Joy’s Eggs, Solebury, PA. Located here. Year round.
- Phillips Farms roadside stand, Milford, NJ.
Bakers / Patisseries / Chocolatiers
- Apple Ridge Farm – Stockton Market, NJ. Specializing in artisanal sour dough breads.
- Crossroads Bake Shop – Doylestown, PA – considered by many to be the best bakery in the region
- Curiosity Doughnuts – Stockton Market, NJ – Artisanal doughnuts. If you like doughnuts, you must try these.
- Pierre’s Chocolates – 360 W. Bridge St. New Hope, PA, 18938. (215) 862-0602 (across from The Raven). Award winning hand-made chocolates.
- Pudge Cakes – 45 North Main st., New Hope, PA. 18938. (215) 862-5060. Sweet baked goods and amazingly artistic custom cakes.
- Sciascia Confections – Stockton Market, NJ. Specializing in beautifully designed chocolates
- Sweet Melissa’s Patisserie – Stockton Market, NJ. One of NYC’s finest, now in Stockton.
- Cookery Ware – Lahaska, PA. Huge selection of products for the chef including high-end knives and other hard-to-find items.
Ethnic food stores and specialty items
- Assi Plaza International Foods – North Wales, PA
- Cottage Spice Company – Stockton Market, NJ. Selections of hard to find spices, olive oils and vinegars
- Gateway of India store – Wiltshire Shopping Center, 217 Clarksville Rd # 8, West Windsor Township, NJ 08550
- H-Mart, Asian grocery – Levittown, PA
- Mexican grocery – Lambertville, NJ – In the plaza with CVS next to the bagel shop
- Mexican grocery – New Hope, PA
- Patel Bros. – Indian. 1915 Street Road, Bensalem, Pennsylvania 19020. (215) 447-8154
- Patel Cash & Carry – Indian. 2800 NJ-27 #5, North Brunswick Township, NJ 08902.
- Patel Food market – Indian. 705 Bethlehem Pike, Montgomeryville, PA 18936. (215) 855-5520
- Star Big Bazaar – South Asian. 4110 QuakerBridge Rd., Lawrenceville, NJ, 08536. (609) 755-1000
- Tacos Cancun – Mexican. Lambertville, NJ
Gourmet, Cheese, and Healthy/Natural food stores
- Big Bear Natural Foods – Lambertville, NJ; Pennington, NJ; Morrisville, PA; Langhorne, PA; Ewing, NJ
- Brick Farm Market – Hopewell, NJ. Variety of prepared foods in addition to fresh produce, cheese, meats and other gourmet items.
- Casa Casale – Lahaska, PA. Italian themed store with an excellent cheese selection and gourmet ingredients. Cooking classes.
- Doylestown Food Co-op, Doylestown, PA. Mon-Fri 10am-7pm, Sat 9am-6pm, Sun 11am-5pm
- Highland Gourmet market – Kingwood, NJ. Tue-Sat 9am-7pm, Sun 9am-5pm
- Jamie Hollander Gourmet – New Hope, PA. Gourmet prepared items and a selection of baked goods, cheese and meats and gourmet ingredients
- Kimberton Whole Foods – Ottsville, PA
- Max Hansen Carversville Grocery – Carversville, PA. Gourmet prepared items and a selection of baked goods, cheese and meats and gourmet ingredients. Dining Along the Delaware featured article.
- Metropolitan Seafood – Stockton Market, NJ. Purveyor of seafood for the finest restaurants in the region. Also Friday night prepared items.
- Savour Cheese & Gourmet Provisions – Lambertville, NJ
- Stockton, NJ. Fri 3pm-7pm, Sat 9am-4pm, Sun 10am-4pm – variety of prepared foods in addition to fresh produce, cheese, mushrooms and meats.
- The Farm Cooking School – Stockton, NJ. Wide selection of cooking classes featuring farm to table cooking, ethnic cuisines and cooking techniques.