By now, you’ve probably had your share of dogs, burgers and potato salad and you’re wondering what to do the rest of the week.
There’s a great trend in dining that’s showing up everywhere this year – Farm to Table. While many trends are just for show, this is one that foodies can really get behind because it’s resulting in delicious dishes, with ingredients sourced from local farms. It’s like taking a step back in time before factory farming and the homogeneous mediocrity it produces.
Many restaurants along the Delaware, especially those in the New Hope and Lambertville areas, regularly source as much local produce as possible during the growing season. Some even get meats locally. Griggstown chickens are popular on many menus.
The following is the “short list” of restaurants that tout their local fare where you can eat this week. Click the links to learn more:
- Blue Bottle Cafe – Hopewell, NJ
- Caleb’s American Kitchen – Lahaska, PA
- Duck Soup Cafe – New Hope, PA
- Hamilton’s Grill Room – Lambertville, NJ
- Hearth – New Hope, PA
- Liberty Hall Pizza, Lambertville, NJ
- Nomad Pizza – Hopewell, NJ
- Pineville Tavern – Pineville, PA
- Sprig and Vine – New Hope, PA
- Tastebuds – New Hope, PA
- Teaberry’s Supper Club – Flemington, NJ
- Yardley Inn – Yardley, PA